June 03, 2011

feather earring {makeover}

Feather Earring Makeover!


 I had some old earrings laying around that I never wear anymore, one because I don't typically wear plain silver earrings, and second because they are just small and I'm more into big dangly earrings.
 For this project you will need craft feathers (mine are from Hobby Lobby, 50% off, watch the sales), hemp from Walmart, craft wire from Walmart and a glue gun and scissors.
 I took the longest feather I was using and wired it to the side of the earring.
 The next three feathers I used a small dot of hot glue and glued them on top, one after the other.
 I then took a small piece of hemp and rolled it together to form a small rosette or what not, and then glued it to the top of the points of feathers.

And voila! Pretty simple to make some fun, hippy earrings.
 Don't judge me that the earrings don't match this outfit because on the account that the shirt is way too crazy. I was too lazy to change. Also, I cut my hair. I'm not sure it was the best decision, but meh.
All material I already had on hand, so these earrings for me were free 99. Awesome! So go find some old earrings and make them over!

Have a great weekend and be sure to tell me what you think!
 
Linking to THESE parties this week.

Also, Button is currently in the top 25 of a photo contest of over 620 entries, so it would be awesome if you maybe voted for her here at PB kids if you want.  You are all awesome!

5 comments:

Chef in Training said...

SO cute! I am in love with these! I saw them on a link party and had to come check them out! i am your newest follower and would love it if you would come check out my blog and follow me too and maybe enter in my current giveaway! Thanks!
-Nikki
http://chef-n-training.blogspot.com/

Beverly {Flamingo Toes} said...

Those are great earrings!! They look like something you'd find in an expensive boutique!! So cute!! ;)

Object of Maya*ffection said...

LOVE them! (and the feather extensions in your hair). I am going to have to try to make a pair!

Stephanie Lynn @Under the Table and Dreaming said...

Camilla - The earrings are simply fabulous. Fantastic job on them - they look straight out of a boutique! Thanks so much for linking to the Sunday Showcase Party. I am a little behind commenting - but I have featured this Monday. Hope you are having a wonderful week ~ Stephanie Lynn

Seven Sisters said...

love these! pinned 'em :)
♥jaime...sevensisters

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...